Thursday 5 May 2011

Next stages...

.. and time moves on!!!!

Already bumpy has reached the twenty week scan - and we took our little miss with us to see it - she was fascinated with what baby is doing in my tummy, and keeps trying to peer in my belly button.
All is growing well as far as we can see which is good news - and the scan seemed to be really detailed - compared to with hannah - she explained what we were looking at and we felt like we were in there for ages. It certainly gave us all a good time to see baby - who is now nicknamed wavy because of this picture.


I also started the antetnatal yoga again with The Yoga Home. I was fortunate enough to discover Ameet and Hannah during my last pregnancy, and in the last three years have followed every course they offer at appropriate times, as well as also attending classes with Ameet at my local leisure centre - something that was pure fluke but obviously meant to be. I am carrying on with the leisure centre ones - but the preg classes are something special  - really focusing on the bond with the baby inside my bump, and getting my body in shape for birth. Again, having done it all before - i can really tell how each asana is helping each relevent part of my body and my mind too - also a welcome break from tiny toddler.

We have also signed up for the Mindful Mamma - hypnobirthing class in June.I had several people lend me their cds. One i had to turn off half way through as it just felt wrong due to the way the lady was saying baby..... eek never again. I had already seen the mindful mamma flyers around while I was expecting Hannah - but as we had already paid for NCT and the yoga birthing class, we felt there was only so much we could do. Fortunately a friend also loaned me their cd and the first time i listened i knew my instincts on this to be right so am looking forward to not only listening to cds - but getting to spend the time in depth, and to be able to ask the all important questions - the biggest one being - How do i put it into practise when also dealing with contractions! - am sure all will become clear.

I also need to research some good "beach music" - the idea of breathing in time to the sound of breaking waves sits very well - so as well as using the cd could do with some tips - so now on a hunt for a really good one. First stop- my reiki master!!!

We had more consultations with an obstetrician and I was able to ask all the questions i wanted to know. My biggest concerns through both pregnancies were still birth. I know nobody ever wants to go through that, but i just feel that my family and especially us, need no more bad stuff to happen unless it is out of anyone's control - knowing that the UK has a stupidly high rate for such a rich country and that the eastmidlands is one of the worst areas really kind of made me start thinking the whole thing through again. I am defiantely less concerned about it than last time - but i still wanted to make a point that i won't accept anything other than the highest standard of care and that i am on the ball. My biggest issue was being left too long. With the VBAC i have an 80% chance of normal delivery and that is great- but if i go over,  i can't be induced in the same way and my chances would go right down to around 40% - so they have booked me in for planned section 12 days post due date. That in itself is just a weight off - i know they won't leave me to it. As last time, i am sure that being booked in really helped me destress and chill out - and thus went into labour naturally on my due date.
They also have said they will see me again at 36 weeks to check positions and possibly another scan if required, 39 weeks to sweep, 40 to sweep if i havent begun on my own and want it, and again at 41.
They were so positive though that i won't need that - and that my body will know what it is doing, that helped.
Also told me about a class they are running about active birth which really is aimed for VBAC - again all of that is fab and I feel supported, and thus empowered. I think asking the right questions i definately helping - but it helps to know i am listened to and taken seriously - so used to it being the other way round.

So i say - Bring on labour.. or something like that...........

No comments:

Post a Comment