Tuesday 24 May 2011

Still flying by

I am now 23 weeks and continuing well so far.
I have managed to get back into the aquanatal class again and hope to do at least another 5 before the summer holidays which will all stand me in good stead fitness wise. I went and invested in an ew maternity swim suit today- can't beat decathlon for functionality and price. They aren't pretty suits like you find in the high fashion stores - but since when i am in the pool it is for sport and not lounging, i need good support, not a very low cut top!
I really hope i can get as much in as possible as i feel so much better for doing it, although a little guilty at asking my friends for so many favours. The fact I have so many people I can ask, is down to the fact I did aquanatal last time - and made some amazing friends who are more than happy to have the little miss fora few hours. For that,  I am truly grateful.
Once again there is a nice cross over between yoga and aqua so i feel like i am getting more familiar with other people too. Am sure friendships will happen naturally. It is a bit odd to be the one people are asking information of- and having that information and knowledge to give them! I don't claim to know it all- all i can do is share my experiences and hope it helps someone else. Gave out a few yoga home flyers as well so fingers crossed it will help them get more people in the class- and also that more people will come and get the fab benefits I have had.

I have been looking at my maternity allowance options which looks fairly positive and fingers crossed that means we might have a bit more money than I was expecting - all of which will help in terms of living costs and topping up savings. All i need to do now is send off the form and wait for the letter that says yes you can have it!

Next week is the Hypnobirthing day work shop-  I can't wait to spend that day with hub. The cd has made such a massive difference and I love it. I sincereley feel that it will just take me onto a whole new level of calm.
We have also booked a course at the hospital in August - specifically aimed at VBAC ( virginal birth after cesarean) that basically gives you the chance to access all the items they have that support active labour. I can't wait to get my hands on the stuff and feel ready for this birth, even more than I already do. I am making notes left right and centre - Hub and I have discussed so many options and ideas and he is right on board with me - he knows what I want and I have asked him to give me reminders - I have made up a crib sheet of all the yoga positions I love and that I think will help, and made sure he is as aware of what Things i want - as well as how to ask me gently for yes or no - last time we automatically got a finger flick going so one flick was yes and two was no - i love that we did that without even needing to discuss it and that he knew what I wanted - I have no fear that he is the best 'doula' i could need- I know doulas are so useful in some ways - but I doubt that I could make that relationship with one within a few months, no matter how good they are at their job. I think it is all going to be pretty intense - but I can't wait.

Having read the mindful mamma blog throughout, I came across  a fab bit of info about things that would be good to have in Labour and creating a good environment- he took it right on board - one of the things being special photos to get the endorphines going - i had been considering what I might print, one of which was the first one of us when little miss was a few minutes old - and he suggested that too - that made me cry - that the same thing would mean that much to us and that image always makes both our hearts fill. I also got one of her breast feeding, one of her with my god daughter - and I need to get the disc to print out a wedding photo - the best moments of my life that always make me fill up - more good feelings in that little lot than a sack of endorphines. He has come up with so many suggestions - usually one for cautiousness and saving money, I said i was worried about our pillows getting ruined or lost if I bought one in, he was like well we get a new one - and suggested that I took it straight off the bed whatever day I go into labour. Thinking about it,I do love my bed - and i suspect part of that in the hospital environment will be the familiar smell - i probably won't notice it at home but I bet I will there. So - top of the hospital list for the front door is my pillow, followed by the hypnobirthing cds and camera ;)


My own yoga class is swelling which I am loving a lot. One of little misses friends started but was a bit unsure as she is only two - so my little miss came in to help her- and I have to say even of my own daughter that I was so impressed .It shows so clearly that even when they are not apparently paying attention, everything they experience goes in and comes out when they are ready to use it. 30 months of sharing yoga classes with me and doing yoga at home has clearly been soaked up. She listened so well, was not distracted by the fact I was teaching and joined in fantastically. Even my little two year old newbie did a fantastic job at joining in - just going to show that no age is too early to do yoga. I also have another 2 and a half year old who has been coming since january - she didn't really seem to take all that much in and was very quiet - but in the last few weeks she has really started joining in, and apparently her mother told one of the nursery staff that she was always talking about it at home and joining in -I was so chuffed about that. All these things just back up my intuitions for the last 3 years that yoga for children is the way to go - that it is an amazing gift to give a child, and to help them learn ways to self knowledge, self expression and security that will help them become more balanced - if we teach them it at their most natural learning stage, it quickly becomes part of their everyday skills - just as walking, talking and all the very important life skills they are learning at this stage.

Well that's about it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment