Thursday 5 May 2011

Lovely reiki - and lovely yoga

Last night I toddled off to a lovely reiki share.
This month was farely quiet, only 9 of us in all.
We started with a lovely meditation so before we even began treating each other, I was already feeling pretty spaced out and chilled.

We worked in two groups, one of 4 and one of 5. I was in the group of 5 and ended up being the last - so i was given the most enormous treat of having 8 people treat me for 15 minutes - so essentially i got 8 times the normal amount of reiki - or 2 hours worth! it was mind blowing and incredible to feel so many people all giving reiki at once - it also made it even better that the chap who was at the foot end is also a reflexologist so I was getting both in one go - and he obviously knew which bits to focus on.
The bump absolutely loved it - the people on my tummy got lots of tickles in their hands, and i felt like it was flying around and tickling away - it was definately awake and loving it - much like hannah did. It will certainly be one chilled out chappy/ chapette.

I was like a zombie when I got in and slept like an absolute log lastnight. it was brilliant and very, very special.

I also taught my yoga class this morning after the easter break - and it was brilliant. I read them Goldilocks and the three bears - and we had a great time being all the characters, acting it out while using different asans that fitted in with the story- it helped that she had her friend dog and duck with her- so gave me a bit of a bonus, They responded so well to it,it was amazing. I think i might use that as a diving board for this term - as it really seemed to capture their imagination - and finished with a great breathing exercise of blowing on the poridge to cool it down - and a honeybee relaxation as they all agreed honey was a nice thing to go on their porridge and fruit.
I now have ten weeks left of teaching them before my insurance runs out in august, and i suppose by september, I will be 37 weeks pregnant and am pretty sure I will not want to be leaping around like a loon.

So - the adventures continue.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, there is nothing, nothing like a Reiki session that leaves you with no words but glajnjnnnig.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete