Sunday 6 March 2011

Time flies

...when you're grieving.

My Beautiful Cousin, Cathy, passed away peacefully on the 19th feb.
To be quite honest, as sad as it is, it felt like she had fought so hard that it was a relief for her to let go. Obviously not for her family and friends.

It sounds like her funeral was amazing and so many people came to support them and to remember her.
it obviously is the really early days for them all. I spoke to my uncle and aunt ( was shocked to discover it cost med £30 for an hour call but figure it is cheaper than the flights over there i guess) and found out more that I hadn;t know - that as well as being married to Ewen who is a pretty huge comedian and public personality there, she was as involved in the charity side of things - the way she was received kind of reminded me of princess di - that she really cared about others and supported them when they needed it - which is certainly something we really experienced of her. I also spoke to Ewen and then tried her sister too but they were out and as yet have not managed to reach her.

news report 

I feel pretty numb in a way as for me i suppose normal life can kind of just carry on with no real interruption but the knowing what she went through and that I just won't be able to speak to her, email her or share anything with her again is so sad. she was only 36 and had so much to give - but maybe she lived her life so well that she had acheived what was planned, even though it was awful that she couldn't stay.
As my sister's anniversary is the 15th feb - i think i might just avoid february from now on and wake up in march....

RIP beautiful Cathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment