Friday 10 December 2010

My own reiki treatment

Finally managed to get myself to a reiki treatment with my reiki master/teacher, June.
All part of trying to get over 4 loads of hideous antibiotics for a uti that appears to be gone- touch wood.
And also part of my next pregnancy journey -preparation stage.

I haven't had all that many treatments this year other than reiki shares - but despite daily treatments to myself, i can't get over how intense this one was!


" Physician, Heal thyself" - ok so i am not a physician but i suppose the general idea is that if you are busy taking care of others, you can often forget yourself - and that leads to being no good to anyone. I really must try and keep this one on board more and finances allowing, need to do so- particularly if i am pregnant. lets hope the yoga classes for next year continue to grow.
what a shame the health in pregnancy grant has been stopped.
I already had mine spent. I totally see why they need to cancel it - not many of the people i know were using it for health related things.
Mine was planned to cover child care while i was at aqua natal, as well as the session for myself - except now the creche has been cancelled too so in all likely hood they will stop the aqua sessions anyway - and being that from about 10 that were on the list when i got pregnant with hannah, this one was the only one left, it's not going to do future pregnant - and post natal- ladies much good.
I was also planning on using it for antenatal yoga as i found them such a great source of support and physical change, but that i know won't be a problem and i am doing so much yoga now, fitness wise i am also a lot better.
I suppose it would all be luxuries the government could well do without spending on- but I suppose i feel hard done by that i would have at least attempted to keep myself as healthy as possible - given we already have a great selection of healthy foods each week, it would not have made much difference on that front...

Anyway- that was by the by.
The reiki session was amazing. I thought alot about the little reiki baby who is coming on monday, and as well as my treatment, we also did a proxy send to mummy to help her relax and sleep as much as possible in the lead up to the task ahead.
For me, i became really aware during the treatment of being wrapped up warm - it really helped all my little problem areas i felt, and the heat was amazing. I am just about to go to bed - way earlier than normal as I feel so totally spaced out and dreamy. am pretty sure that i will be flat out tonight!
It definately had me considering lots of things and sensing changes in my body- all of which i was sure were there when i was getting ready to try before - but i can definately tell now.
And i can already feel how my body is more balanced physically and emotionally - and that isn't just down to 3 yoga sessions in 3 days ;)
Hoping that i can try out this reiki for other mummies who want to be sooner rather than later. SO looking forward to that lovely baby arriving too.

All in all, despite all the bad news recently and illness, hopefully i will see a way through to positive things in life too and even at the darker times, they will be the candle flame shining out.

No comments:

Post a Comment